Job type: Full-time
Competition closing date: Open until filled
Start date: Immediately
Do you have a passion for BC politics and organizing? Would you like to translate your passion into action? If so, join our team as our Systems Administrator.
The System Administrator is primarily responsible for the operation, maintenance, and improvement of the NationBuilder platform. The SA will use their understanding of databases to proactively identify opportunities and provide insights to users so that NationBuilder capabilities are maximized to our support our strategic objectives. The SA will also troubleshoot any database issues and conduct regular maintenance.
Additionally, the System Administrator will support other applications that integrate into the NationBuilder platform, such a GVote, payment systems and other potential tools to support a database that has been designed for a specific application or a set of applications, such as customer service software. Using complex programming languages, they may write or debug programs and must be able to manage the aspects of the applications that work with the database. They also do all the tasks of a general DBA, but only for their particular application.
The successful candidate will be joining a dynamic and hard-working team that is dedicated to bringing positive change to British Columbia. This person will be connected to the latest technologies and digital trends, a quick-learner, service-oriented, and a good team player who is driven and takes initiative to identify ways to improve services without direction. During election campaigns and other major initiatives, the person may be required to work flexible hours.
- Responsible for the operation, maintenance, and improvement of the NationBuilder platform.
- Use their understanding of databases to proactively identify opportunities and provide insights to users so that NationBuilder capabilities are maximized to our support our strategic objectives
- Troubleshoot any database issues and conduct regular maintenance.
- Support other applications that integrate into the NationBuilder platform, such a GVote, payment systems and other potential tools to support a database that has been designed for a specific application or a set of applications, such as customer service software
- Write or debug programs and manage the aspects of the applications that work with the database
- Manage Google Suite and other party technology tools
- Research, setup and maintain technical services and software such as payment processors, teleconferencing, VOIP, cloud storage, email and DNS
- Train staff and volunteers in use of software
- Provide technical support to staff and volunteers
- Recommend, implement and document best practices and staff policies for software / IT
- Knowledge of the BC Green Party’s values and brand
- Designated NationBuilder Expert.
- Completion of post-secondary degree or program, ideally related to IT support or management
- Proficiency in HTML and CSS, SCSS, Liquid, Ruby, PHP, Python
- 2 to 3 years’ experience in a team-based work environment, managing competing priorities and tasks
- Strong working knowledge of popular online platforms and social media networks
- Ability to communicate and teach technical processes and requirements in ordinary terms
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Excellent people skills, attention to detail and strong work ethic
- Ability to work under pressure, managing multiple projects in time-sensitive situations
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances and prepared do what it takes to get the job done
- Ability to exercise discretion, ethics and independent judgment in representing the BC Green Party
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Background in systems and IT architecture, especially with regard to document sharing, management and backups.
- Experience in custom software, systems and tools development
- Experience in graphic design, photo editing and video editing; Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Familiarity with and interest in the BC political landscape and current affairs
- Experience in designing user interfaces
You must be based in Greater Victoria and be willing to travel within the region and occasionally beyond. Currently, our team works remotely from their home offices. This is a 35-hour-per-week full-time role and includes evening and weekend hours.
What's in it for you
The critical aspect for our team is knowing they are working to bring positive change to the people of British Columbia. You will enjoy working with a collaborative and supportive team whose values of respect, integrity, care, excellence and teamwork guide our work and relationships. We provide flexibility through a compressed work schedule (fortnight Fridays), extended benefits, personal health days for you and your family's health needs, and personal time off (vacation).
The salary is $75,000 for a 35-hour work week.
If this position interests you, apply today by emailing your cover letter and resume to [email protected].
We encourage any applicant who requires accommodation with respect to the application or interview process to email [email protected].