JEDI Vision Statement
Justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion are core values that enable us to connect to, and respond to, the needs of our members, employees, and all communities within British Columbia. We commit to reflect the diversity of British Columbia and to preserve our collective future through continued leadership in sustainability.
Living up to our Green principles of Participatory Democracy, Sustainability, Social Justice, Respect for Diversity, Ecological Wisdom and Non-Violence, requires our commitment to fostering justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion.
We believe embracing diversity involves:
- Being fair, equitable, accessible, and transparent
Engaging with equity-seeking groups to determine the real and perceived
barriers they face, and how we can dismantle them
- Having representation that better reflects the diversity of our province
- Creating safe spaces to discuss difficult topics
- Educating staff, volunteers, members, supporters, elected officials, as well as British Columbians, in general, on issues affecting equity seeking groups, and motivating them to take actionable steps to dismantle systemic barriers affecting societal equity
- Staying up-to-date on issues affecting equity seeking groups and adapting our approach accordingly
- Recognizing that issues of equity and diversity must be approached through an intersectional lens
*Definition of terms to support all the JEDI for consistency between the vision, selection process and other documents.