What's the job?
We are excited to have this brand new position of Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Event Lead. In this role, you will advance our party’s commitment to embedding equity, diversity, and inclusion into our culture, practices, policies and events to help the party become a more diverse, equitable and inclusive organization.
You are also responsible for envisioning, planning and executing large and mid-scale events that appeal to diverse audiences on topics that align with our marketing and communication strategies. Additionally, you will organize the party’s participation in existing community events and cultural celebrations.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (approximately 50% of the position)
- Examining and analyzing the BC Green Party’s existing structures, systems and practices to offer advice and guidance regarding diversity awareness and inclusion in every aspect of the party’s function.
- Leading and managing the Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Committee in coordination with the committee’s chair.
- Working with the Executive Director to develop a framework for the Party to establish relationships with stakeholders representing the diversity of our province.
- Hosting events and leading education sessions on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion for supporters, volunteers, staff and local teams.
Event planning and management (approximately 50% of the position)
- Working collaboratively with our internal teams, you will envision, plan and manage large in-person or virtual events that are welcoming, inclusive and safe to support growing diverse audiences and lead generation for fundraising.
- Developing and implementing an event strategic plan and roadmap in conjunction with internal teams to achieve organizational goals.
- Coordinating with internal stakeholders to understand event needs and serving as the project/event manager throughout the planning process.