Do you have a passion for BC politics? Would you like to translate your passion into action? If so, join our team as our Communications Coordinator. In this role, you will write and publish engaging content across a variety of channels to grow and improve the health of our voter engagement as well as contribute to the development of communications goals, key messages and tactics for issue campaigns and elections. Your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Proposing and executing creative and effective advocacy campaigns aligned with specific communications objectives, including voter outreach and engagement
- Working closely with the fundraising and supporter care departments to write persuasive fundraising copy for emails, letter mail, and other media
- Writing persuasive media communications, including advisories, statements and releases to garner media coverage
- Using available tools, such as Twitter, to monitor breaking news, opposition messaging, and voter sentiments
- Monitoring trends, information and breaking news and determining their potential impact on the communications strategy
Who we are
The BC Greens are a political party on a mission to change politics in British Columbia. We have a vision of creating a sustainable province where everyone can thrive.
We value diversity in our province and our workplace and recognize the more inclusive we are, the better our work in bringing positive change will be. We welcome and encourage applications from Indigenous people, Black, people of colour, women, persons with disabilities, and those who identify as LGBTQ2S+.
What you bring to the team
You are a great communicator and collaborator. You are looking for a role where you make a difference every day by applying your writing skills and creative abilities. Additionally, you have a value alignment with the BC Greens Party’s vision and our evidence-based approach to the overlapping crises (e.g., healthcare, housing, poisoned drugs and climate) our province is currently facing.
- One to two year’s communications experience where you learned how to write appealing copy that dissects complex issues for non-experts, ideally in a political, non-profit or advocacy organization
- Your work experience is supported by your certificate, diploma or degree in Communications, Public Relations or a related field; or
You have an equivalent combination of work experience and education.
- Demonstrated experience generating creative and attractive content to engage online users
- Strong analytical skills to develop and review relevant metrics and report findings to identify potential impacts
You must be based in either Greater Victoria or Metro Vancouver and be willing to travel within the region occasionally. Currently, our team is working remotely from our home offices. This is a 35-hour-per-week full-time role.
What's in it for you
The critical aspect for our team is knowing they are working to bring positive change to the people of British Columbia. You will enjoy working with a collaborative and supportive team whose values of respect, integrity, care, excellence and teamwork guide our work and relationships. We provide flexibility through a compressed work schedule, extended benefits, personal health days for you and your family's health needs, and personal time off (vacation).
The salary range starts at $45,000 for a 35-hour work week.
If this position interests you, apply today by emailing your resume and link to your portfolio to [email protected].
We encourage any applicant who requires accommodation with respect to the application or interview process to email [email protected].