Help us reach our $1.3 million milestone before Dec. 31!
What are the BC Greens calling for?
It's time for the BC NDP to halt old-growth logging and create the space for solutions. The BC Greens are calling for:
- Implement immediate interim protections in all remaining high-risk old-growth ecosystems
- Work in partnership with First Nations to create alternative economic opportunities
- Provide conservation financing and funding for Indigenous-led protected areas in this year’s budget
- Take back tenures (timber harvesting rights) from forestry companies with old-growth tenures
- Direct BC's own logging agency, BC Timber Sales, to stop selling off old-growth forests for logging
- Stop using misleading numbers and terms for how much old-growth is protected and come clean with the public about the state of our ancient forests
- Release a public implementation and work plan for when government will meet each of the Old-Growth Strategic Review Panel's recommendations
Was this helpful?