We need your help. On Sunday, Feb. 24 we will be meeting to establish the executive for the Saanich South BC Green riding association. This team will work together to increase our presence in the community, build our campaign infrastructure, identify supporters and recruit potential candidates to run in the next election.
All members in Saanich South are invited to join us and celebrate our success so far and prepare for the road ahead. The meeting will take place on Sunday, Feb. 24 at 3 PM at 5392 Sayward Hill Cresc. in Cordova Bay. Light snacks and refreshments will be provided.
Please RSVP by emailing [email protected] so we know how many to expect (or if we need a bigger space).
During our AGM, we will be filling the roles of president, financial coordinator, communications coordinator and data coordinator, which are the minimum required positions for formation. We will also be looking to fill the roles of membership chair, event chair, media chair and fundraising chair. Below is a brief description of what the positions entail.
If you are interested in any of these positions, please email [email protected] by Friday, Feb. 15 to indicate your interest.
· The President shall supervise and have the responsibility for the management of the affairs and business of the RA, shall preside at all meetings of the RA, and shall be an ex-officio member of all committees of the RA.
· The Financial Coordinator shall receive all monies that are or become the property of the RA and shall keep an accurate record thereof, and shall submit the RA's accounts in an annual report as required by Schedules or by the RA or the Party.
· The Communications Coordinator shall keep minutes of all meetings of the RA, conduct all ordinary correspondence of the RA, and give notice of all meetings to the Coordination team and to RA Members.
· The Data Coordinator is responsible for the prospect and supporter lists and Riding webpages and will take the necessary training to be successful. Data coordinator must follow GPBC standards. The Central Party Office has ultimate and final control over the data, how it is shared and the use of any online tools.
· The Membership Chair is responsible for growing the membership in the riding and in-taking new members and supporters. They will also be the person responsible for volunteer management.
· The Event Chair is responsible for planning and coordinating any events the RA decides to hold. They are also responsible for keeping track of materials and resources used by the Coordination Team (e.g. borrowing a banner from the Party for an event).
· The Media Chair is responsible for helping to draft emails, press releases, newsletters, and promoting events for the RA. They are also responsible for developing and maintaining a social media presence (if the RA decides to do so). This position would work closely with the Communications Coordinator.
· The Fundraising Chair is responsible for meeting the fundraising goals of the RA. They will coordinate with the financial agent and the events chair to raise funds.
The BC Green Party is committed to providing an environment free of discrimination and harassment, where all individuals are treated with respect and dignity, can contribute fully and have equal speaking opportunities. To support this commitment, all event attendees will be expected to follow the standards of our Safe Spaces Participant's Guide