Reporting to the Economic Policy Co-Ordinator and under the overall direction of the Research and Policy Committee, the Government Budget Analyst:
- Studies current and historic B.C. government budgets.
- Conducts research and analysis into the cost and revenue implications of BC Green Party policies and program proposals.
- Provides analysis as required by the GPBC Leader and the R&PC to support public positions taken by the party.
- Provides analysis of cost and revenue implications of policy and program proposals as the party develops its platform for the 2017 election.
- Maintains a library of research material on BC government spending and taxation, and comparisons with other jurisdictions.
- A degree in economics or accounting
- The government budget analyst must have good critical thinking skills, familiarity with research methods and reference materials.
- Must be committed to developing accurate and well researched analysis as the public credibility of GPBC candidates will depend on it.
- Must be a GPBC member in good standing.
- Must have a strong interest in economic analysis.
For more information or to apply for this volunteer position, please contact Green Party of BC Policy Chair Bill Masse at [email protected].