Job type: Full-time
Competition closing date: Open until filled
Start date: Immediately
Reports to: Executive Director
Location: Ideally based in Victoria – see below for details
The BC Green Party is seeking a motivated systems administrator and IT generalist who is passionate about technology, digital communication tools and innovation. The Technical Services Coordinator will report to the Executive Director and take direction from the Director of Communications to manage the party’s digital systems and services such as websites, supporter databases and communication tools.
The successful candidate will be joining a dynamic and hard-working team that is dedicated to bringing positive change to British Columbia. This person will be connected to the latest technologies and digital trends, a quick-learner, service-oriented, and a good team player who is driven and takes initiative to identify ways to improve services without direction. During election campaigns and other major initiatives, the person may be required to work flexible hours.
- Manage and update websites
- Manage and leverage related data sets
- Develop new website features and services
- Supervise IT-related volunteer projects
- Research, setup and maintain technical services and software such as payment processors, teleconferencing, VOIP, cloud storage, email and DNS
- Train staff and volunteers in use of software
- Provide technical support to staff and volunteers
- Recommend, implement and document best practices and staff policies for software / IT
- Knowledge of the BC Green Party’s values and brand
- Completion of post-secondary degree or program, ideally related to IT support or management
- Proficiency in HTML and CSS
- 2 to 3 years’ experience in a team-based work environment, managing competing priorities and tasks
- Strong working knowledge of popular online platforms and social media networks
- Ability to communicate and teach technical processes and requirements in ordinary terms
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Excellent people skills, attention to detail and strong work ethic
- Ability to work under pressure, managing multiple projects in time-sensitive situations
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances and prepared do what it takes to get the job done
- Ability to exercise discretion, ethics and independent judgment in representing the BC Green Party
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Background in systems and IT architecture, especially with regard to document sharing, management and backups.
- Experience in custom software, systems and tools development
- Designated NationBuilder Expert and / or Architect
- Experience in graphic design, photo editing and video editing; Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Familiarity with and interest in the BC political landscape and current affairs
- Experience in designing user interfaces
The successful completion of a Criminal Record Check is required. Pay is commensurate with experience and includes a benefits package after a three-month probationary period.
While the BC Green Party provincial office is in Victoria, this position can be based in other locations within BC. Some travel will be required if the successful applicant is not based in Victoria.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to the Executive Director Laura Lavin at email@example.com.