As a member of the BC Greens team:
A. Volunteer pledge
I pledge to:
- Honour my commitments
- Be open and honest
- Trust my team
- Respect diversity and difference
- Assume the best intentions in others
- Make time for creativity and experimentation
B. BC Green Party core principles
I will work as hard as I can to advance the BC Green Party’s six core principles:
- Participatory Democracy — Working to create proportionally elected governments that represent and engage citizens.
- Sustainability — Using natural resources wisely to protect the rights and needs of future generations.
- Social Justice — Acknowledging that all humans have a fundamental right to health, wellbeing, and freedom.
- Respect for Diversity — Protecting and valuing all cultures and individuals while conserving variety in the natural world.
- Ecological Wisdom — Learning to live within the physical and biological limits of our Earth and to protect its life-giving nature.
- Non-Violence — Safeguarding people’s security and freedom through cooperation and consensus building.
C. Confidentiality and non-disclosure
- I agree to not use, reveal, report, publish, copy, transcribe, transfer or, disseminate, or in any way disclose any Confidential Information (as hereinafter defined) to any third party, and shall use all reasonable efforts to keep any and all Confidential Information secure from any unauthorized disclosure, except as may be required by the B.C. Green Party (“the Party”) or as may be required by law. All Confidential Information, whether or not contributed or developed, in whole or in part by me, shall remain the exclusive property of the Party, except as specified in Section C.1.b., and shall not be removed by me, transferred or copied to anyone or any place that is not authorized by the Party, or left in any place that is not authorized by the Party under any circumstances whatsoever without the prior written consent of the Party.
- For purposes of this C.1., the term “Confidential Information” shall mean all information (whether or not constituting a trade secret under the law) relating to me and shall include, without limitation, my services; know-how, business plans; strategies; costs; pricing information; methods of operation, administration and management; and other related information; data; emails; lead formation information; sales reports; financial information; contracts; agreements; computer programs; and any other confidential information pertaining to the financial condition, business affairs, assets, or business prospects of the B.C. Green Party that is not in the public domain.
- This does not include any existing or created intellectual property on my part that relates to documents, know-how, strategies, or methods of operation related to the development or delivery of campaign processes, campaign strategy, business processes or business strategy literature, training materials, or training sessions and consulting.
- Upon the expiry or termination of this Agreement, the Volunteer will return to the Party any property, documentation, records, or confidential information which is the property of the Party, except as outlined in C.1.b.
- I acknowledge that I am providing services for the BC Green Party as a volunteer, and that I will not receive compensation for my services.
- This agreement does not imply the Party’s authorization for you to act on behalf of or for the B.C. Green Party. A separate authorized project plan or written permission by the B.C. Green Party is required for any such undertaking.
D. Additional guidelines
I also agree to follow: