We would take the first steps towards policies that ensure that families have a viable choice between going back to full-time work, staying at home or balancing both, including:
- Explore options for reduced work weeks and or flexible work hours.
- Supporting telecommuting to save commuting time.
- In consultation with business, labour and other stakeholders.
- For example, encouraging employers to adopt a 4-day work week, or reduced hours for a standard work week while maintaining full-time status to maintain benefits, or modified work week arrangements.
- Helping employers to continue to support telecommuting where feasible.
- Enhancing investments to deliver high-speed internet access across BC.
Was this helpful?