The Supporter Care Specialist role is a unique opportunity to be part of a growing team. They will work primarily with the Fundraising & Supporter Care Officer, providing support for various correspondence, stewardship, data processing, and digital fundraising communications activities.
About the opportunity
As a Supporter Care Specialist, you will work on initiatives designed to strengthen the BC Greens Supporter Care team’s working and learning environment, in areas of training, technology, and supporter excellence. As an integral member of the Supporter Care team, the individual may also collaborate with other team members and support their work streams as appropriate.
The Supporter Care Specialist role is a three month contract of 10 to 20 hours a week, from October through December 2022. Our goal is for the role to evolve into a casual or permanent part-time position in 2023.
Who we are
The BC Greens are a political party on a mission to change politics in British Columbia, with a vision of creating a sustainable province where everyone can thrive. We will achieve our ends by forming a government dedicated to creating vibrant and sustainable environmental, social and economic systems.
We welcome and encourage applications from BIPOC groups, women, persons with disabilities, and those within the LGBTQ2S+ community.
What you bring to the team
- You have previous experience, knowledge, or interest in customer care, community engagement, data entry, fundraising, political advocacy, and/or communications
- You have a value alignment with the BC Green Party’s evidence-based approach to the overlapping crises our province is currently facing (eg: healthcare, housing, poisoned drugs and climate)
- You have an exceptional ability to build rapport, resulting in strong interpersonal relationships
- You have robust written and verbal communication skills and enjoy having phone conversations with people
- You value work with integrity and have a passion for people
- You have solid experience using Gmail and Google Suite in order to carry out correspondence duties and build reports, spreadsheets, and presentations
- You are a motivated, detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently
- You have the ability to manage your time effectively while administering multiple priorities
- You commit to following public health guidelines while conducting public outreach including mask wearing
You must be a resident of British Columbia, based in the province. You must have the ability and willingness to work on evenings and weekends if needed, and have secure access to a laptop/computer and reliable internet.
Remote work environment. We will provide flexibility through a compressed work schedule in order to meet your professional scheduling needs.
The critical aspect for our team is knowing they are working to bring positive change to the people of British Columbia. You will enjoy working with a collaborative and supportive team whose values of respect, integrity, care, excellence and teamwork guide our work and relationships.
In this role, you will
- Engage with supporters, donors, volunteers and general members of the public; understand their needs, troubleshoot and resolve issues, process donations
- Review and respond to emails, calls and administrative tasks according to Supporter Care policies/procedures, performance metrics and criteria set by the Fundraising & Supporter Care Officer
- Support with stewardship outreach and relationship building activities and events to identify and cultivate key supporters
- Complete miscellaneous data entry projects
- Support with fundraising direct-response initiatives; phone, email and SMS campaigns
- Complete a monthly metrics report on Supporter Care email and call statistics
- Learn and use BC Green Party CRM software and messaging tools on an as needed basis; NationBuilder, HelpScout, Slack, Teamwork, RingCentral, and CallHub
- Provide unbiased, relevant results and feedback to the Supporter Care team
- Attend regular check-in meetings with the Fundraising & Supporter Care Officer to foster work collaboration and consistency
- Provide recommendations to improve operations and training materials to the team based on observed trends and results
If this position interests you, apply today by emailing your cover letter and resume to [email protected].
We encourage any applicant who requires accommodation with respect to the application or interview process to email [email protected].