About the opportunity
As Supporter Care Specialist, you will interface with BC Green supporters to empower and include them in our work. This role is a unique opportunity to join a growing, high performing team with big goals.
You will work primarily with the Fundraising & Supporter Care Officer to provide responsive front-line communication with supporters and prospects; nurture a growing donor community by stewarding important relationships; and participate in fundraising and advocacy campaigns.
This role is a part-time permanent role at 30 hours per week.
Who we are
The BC Greens are a political party working towards a sustainable province where everyone can thrive. We are on a mission to form a government dedicated to creating vibrant and sustainable environmental, social and economic systems.
We welcome and encourage applications from BIPOC groups, women, persons with disabilities, and those within the LGBTQ2S+ community.
What you bring to the team
- You have experience, knowledge, or interest in customer or donor care, community engagement, data entry, fundraising, political advocacy, and/or communications
- You have a value alignment with the BC Green Party’s evidence-based approach to the overlapping crises our province is currently facing (eg: healthcare, housing, poisoned drugs and climate)
- You have an exceptional ability to build rapport, resulting in strong interpersonal relationships
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
- You enjoy having phone conversations with people
- You work with integrity and have a passion for people
- You have experience using Google Workspace for word processing, emailing, building reports using spreadsheets, and making presentations
- You have core computer skills and can quickly learn how to use new software
- You are a motivated, detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently
- You manage your time effectively while administering multiple priorities
- You commit to following public health guidelines while conducting public outreach including mask wearing
- An interest in engagement writing (e.g. writing copy for petitions, broadcast emails, direct mail)
You must be a resident of British Columbia, based in the province. You must have the ability and willingness to work on evenings and weekends if needed, and have secure access to a laptop/computer and reliable internet.
Remote work environment, with some in-person requirements. This position offers flexible hours through a four-day 30 hour workweek.
Our team is motivated to bring positive change to the people of British Columbia. We have a collaborative and supportive team culture. Our values of respect, integrity, care, excellence and teamwork guide our work and relationships.
In this role, you will
- Engage with supporters, donors, volunteers and general members of the public; understand their needs, troubleshoot and resolve issues, process donations
- Review and respond to emails, calls and administrative tasks following policies & procedures
- Provide support for stewardship outreach and relationship building activities to identify and cultivate supporters
- Complete data entry & database maintenance projects
- Support with fundraising direct-response initiatives; phone, email and SMS campaigns
- Use CRM software and messaging tools, including NationBuilder, HelpScout, Slack, RingCentral and CallHub
- Report on Supporter Care performance metrics and criteria; complete a monthly metrics report
- Share unbiased, relevant results and feedback to the Fundraising & Supporter Care Officer and other team members as needed
- Attend regular meetings with the Fundraising & Supporter Care Officer to foster work collaboration and consistency
- Provide recommendations to improve operations and training materials to the team based on observed trends and results
If this position interests you, apply today by emailing your cover letter and resume to [email protected].
We encourage any applicant who requires accommodation with respect to the application or interview process to email [email protected].