Help us reach our $1 million fundraising goal for 2021. Donate $5 today!
Join the fight for COVID-zero
Over the past two months, the government has loosened restrictions, allowed out-of-province travel, stalled in-school mask mandates and failed to enforce orders or adapt their communication strategy, despite rising variant cases.
As BC grapples with a third wave, we need leadership, not complacency.
BC needs stricter COVID-19 safety measures immediately. Add your name to call on the government to impose a targeted three-week shutdown to fight for COVID-zero.
Read the full text here
We're calling on the government to adopt the following measures:
- Create a clear and targeted shutdown strategy for a three-week period that includes:
- Enforcing non-essential travel measures
- Moving school online for most students
- Providing immediate government support to temporarily close non-essential businesses
- Increase transparency and revamp public communications by:
- Resuming daily COVID-19 briefings
- Publishing case numbers on weekends and holidays
- Extending media availability
- Adopting new messaging outside of press conferences to target non-compliers
- Increase testing and vaccination capacity by:
- Expanding asymptomatic testing and rapid testing in workplaces, schools, businesses, and neighbourhoods.
- Improving reporting on variants of concern
- Increasing staffing at vaccination clinics and extending hours to administer all doses as soon as they arrive in the province
“We need to step up and fight for the health of our province. If we do this now, and do this right, we will all be stronger for it in the near future,” said leader Sonia Furstenau.
Here are some news articles if you're interested in reading more: