Here’s what you and those who are interested in joining us need to know:
- Meet location: Gary Point Parking lot (streets around this area very busy)
- Meet Time: about 9:30am
- Parade End: around 12pm or a little earlier.
- Experience required: None - Simply need to be able to walk, bike or crawl
- Distance of parade: about 1 mile
- What do I need to bring: water, sunscreen,
- What do I need to wear: Green or Canada themed clothing, hats, sunglasses, etc.
We have a couple of large banners for people to carry and a few other signs. If you don’t want to carry anything, you’re welcome to just walk the parade, smile and have fun!
It’s a family event and being the GP, we like to keep any messaging, signs, communications positive.
This is a really fun event and the GP presence will help show everyone who attends from all other the lower mainland that the Green Parties continue to grow and present a positive option in the Fall election.
Please help spread the word through social media, by liking, commenting and sharing this FB page: GP Steveston Parade
For more parade information: http://www.stevestonsalmonfest.ca/
Google map and directions
The BC Green Party is committed to providing an environment free of discrimination and harassment, where all individuals are treated with respect and dignity, can contribute fully and have equal speaking opportunities. To support this commitment, all event attendees will be expected to follow the standards of our Safe Spaces Participant's Guide