Job type: senior volunteer position
Competition closing date: Fri. Sept. 29, 5:00 PM
Location: from home
Note: this is a volunteer position requiring a commitment of approximately 5 hours per week. Candidates will be asked to commit three years to the position with review after 2 years.
The Policy Chair manages the Research and Policy Committee to guide the development of member-driven policy and manage the BC Green Policy book:
Supports members in developing policy proposals;
Conducts selection processes to fill positions on the committee;
Assigns tasks as required;
Leads initiatives to engage BCGP members and to encourage them to participate in policy development;
- Chairs online meetings of the Research and Policy Committee approximately twice each month;
Discusses policy proposals and makes collaborative decisions on action to be taken;
- Experience in public policy development;
- Experience managing people in business, public administration or in volunteer non-profit organizations;
- BC Green Party member in good standing.
- Strong critical thinking skills and familiarity with research methods and reference materials. These skills generally would be acquired through post-secondary education;
- Good people skills and ability to listen and collaborate toward consensus;
- Thorough knowledge of BC Green Policy: A Vision for Our Future and BC Green Party Policy Development Process.
- Strong interest in policy.
- Your resume of qualifications and experience; and
- A vision of how you would renew and structure the policy team and improve the policy development process for the party.
Please make your submission to [email protected], Chair of BC Green Party Provincial Council. Closing date for submissions is September 29, 2017 at 5:00 PM.