It’s been just over a year since BC’s first minority government was formed under a Confidence and Supply Agreement brought forward by the BC Green Caucus. Join the Leader of the BC Greens, Andrew Weaver for a community event to talk about what we have accomplished in the past year and what is in store for the coming year.
In the last year, together we have:
- Demonstrated a new collaborative form of politics
- Banned big money
- Legislated lobbying reform
- Created the Emerging Economy Task Force
- Launched the Innovation Commission
- Pushed the government for better and bolder housing and affordability policies
- Launched the Basic Income study
- Introduced Benefit Corporation legislation that has passed second reading
- Worked with the government to institute a universal childcare program that emphasizes Early Childhood Education
- Formed the Wild Salmon Secretariat
- Pushed forward on reforming Professional Reliance
- Advocated for new industries and innovations in the 21st century like ride-hailing
- And much, much more
What has been important to you? What issues do you want the Caucus to focus on in the coming year. Join us on Sept. 6 to share your ideas and connect with one of your BC Green MLAs.