Manage our forests holistically, for all the values they hold.
- Shift the management framework through reforming legislation, away from an exclusive focus on timber supply to managing for all the values that our forests hold.
- Adopt a wider variety of logging practices, including selective logging and longer stand rotations.
- Undertake landscape-level ecosystem-based planning, reforestation and restoration in partnership with local communities and First Nations.
- Protect communities from wildfires and flooding through landscape level, ecologically-centred, forest management and fuel treatment projects.
- Restore government capacity to ensure forest stewardship, monitoring and enforcement, and enhance funding for forest inventory research and primary research.
Was this helpful?