Our leadership contest is now open (again)!
Anyone who supports the core values of the BC Green Party can vote as a party member or as a registered supporter.
A lot has changed since we first launched our leadership contest in January. From the COVID-19 pandemic, to the spotlight on police brutality and systemic racism, society has been exposed for failing entire groups of people.
We are ready for a leader with a vision to overhaul our broken social, environmental and economic realities.
BC Greens are excited to host a leadership contest based on the principles of participatory democracy and social justice. The contest application rules were designed with a focus on equity, diversity and inclusivity. We thank all who have applied to join our Leadership Contest. Please note, applications are now closed.
- Contest officially re-opens: June 15, 2020
- Candidate application period: June 26–July 27, 2020
- Deadline to become a member or supporter for voting by phone: August 21, 2020
- Official leadership debate: September 1, 2020
- Deadline to become a member or supporter for online voting: September 2, 2020
- Leadership vote: September 5, 1:00PM–September 13, 2020, 11:59PM
- Leader announced: September 14, 2020