Job Type: Full-time contract.
Competition closing date: This position will remain open until filled.
Contract End Date: May 15, 2017.
Location: Victoria, BC
The BC Green Party is seeking an energetic, motivated organizer who is passionate about supporting the development of highly effective political campaigns. The campaign organizer will work with our dedicated field team to assist with recruiting, nominating and onboarding candidates and providing essential training, services and supports to riding campaigns across the province.
The successful candidate will be joining a dynamic and hard-working team that is dedicated to bringing positive change to British Columbia. This person will be service-oriented, responsive and a good team player who is driven and takes initiative. The candidate will be prepared to work flexible hours in a highly collaborative setting, providing exceptional support to team members.
- Assist with the recruitment, nomination and onboarding of candidates.
- Provide day-to-day support to candidates, campaign managers and campaign teams, including communications, digital and administrative supports.
- Facilitate the flow of communication between the provincial campaign and riding campaigns.
- Develop provincial campaign supports, services and tools for riding campaigns.
- Run training sessions and webinars for candidates, campaign managers and campaign teams on campaign operations, tactics and strategy.
- Work with riding campaigns to establish and hit performance targets that put them on track to win election.
- Coordinate regional bulk purchases for riding campaigns.
- Build and manage a team of volunteers to help deliver services and supports to riding campaigns.
- Ensure riding campaigns are operating in compliance with Elections BC rules and guidelines.
- A degree or diploma from a recognized post secondary institution in a related field.
- Minimum 1-3 years of related experience in a campaign setting.
- Knowledge of modern voter contact, persuasion and mobilization strategies.
- Excellent people skills, attention to detail and work ethic.
- Experience with NationBuilder or other campaign CRM tools.
- Ability to work under pressure, managing multiple projects in time sensitive situations.
- Able to adapt to changing circumstances and prepared do what it takes to get the job done.
- Demonstrated ability to think and act strategically and to train and support others with only a basic knowledge of political campaigns.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Reliable transportation, a laptop and smartphone.
- Experience with community organizing theory and practice is an asset.
- Experience in a data-driven campaign setting.
- Experience in service delivery is an asset.
Pay is commensurate with experience; flexible work schedule required. The position is in Victoria, BC.
To request an interview, or for more information, please submit a cover letter and resume to the Provincial Campaign Director, Taylor Hartrick, email@example.com.