Job Type: Full-time contract
Competition closing date: This position will remain open until filled
Contract End Date: May 15, 2017
Location: Victoria, BC
The BC Green Party is seeking a digital and data organizer who is passionate about developing and maintaining cutting edge systems for political campaigns. The Digital and Data Organizer will work with our highly dedicated field, fundraising and communications teams to enhance the party’s data, IT and organizing systems to support a successful provincial campaign.
The successful candidate will be joining a dynamic and hard-working team that is dedicated to bringing positive change to British Columbia. This person will be service-oriented, responsive and a good team player who is driven and takes initiative. The successful candidate will be prepared to work flexible hours in a highly collaborative setting, providing exceptional support to team members.
- Support digital organizing efforts that integrate online and offline campaign organizing.
- Manage the party’s supporter database including establishing and implementing best practices for data collection, synchronization, acquisition, integrity and preservation.
- Manage data transfers and reporting between provincial and regional campaigns.
- Work with vendors to troubleshoot and address any technical issues.
- Assist in managing the party’s backend and front-facing IT systems.
- Development and theming of party website.
- Provide training to provincial and regional campaign teams on digital systems and on data use, management and analysis.
- Conduct data analytics, experimentation and testing to support a data-driven campaign.
- Build and manage a team of volunteers to help deliver on data/IT responsibilities.
- Identify and leverage modern online technologies to creatively improve processes and operations.
- A degree or diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution in a related field.
- Experience in collecting, planning, organizing and managing data in a campaign environment.
- Minimum 1-3 years of related experience in IT and database management.
- Experience with NationBuilder or other campaign CRM tools.
- Ability to work under pressure, managing multiple projects in time sensitive situations.
- Prepared to do what it takes to get the job done.
- Ability to learn new software systems quickly.
- Demonstrated ability to train and support others with only a basic knowledge of technology systems.
- Experience administering G Suite.
- Experience administering online infrastructure systems (DNS, hosting, email, etc).
- Familiarity with common online services (SurveyMonkey, ConstantContact, Doodle, Slack, Trello, GoToMeeting, Skype, PayPal, etc).
- Experience with ETL processes.
- Experience with PostgreSQL.
- Experience with Ruby, PHP and Python is an asset.
- Experience consuming webservice APIs is an asset.
Pay is commensurate with experience; flexible work schedule required. The position is in Victoria, BC.
To request an interview, or for more information, please submit a cover letter and resume to the Provincial Campaign Director, Taylor Hartrick, firstname.lastname@example.org.