- Ensure that small producers have access to fibre and incentivize value-added product innovation, including non-traditional uses of wood fibre including bio fuels, and productive uses of residual fibre.
- Apply the carbon tax to slash-pile burning to reduce carbon emissions from our forestry sector and ensure that we use residual materials.
- Put an end to raw log exports.
- Ensure the benefits of B.C. resource flow to local communities by directly sharing more resource revenues with local First Nations, municipalities, and regional districts.
- Better support forestry workers and communities, including through expanding investments into retraining and support finding new job opportunities.
- Investigate opportunities to diversify milling and secondary manufacturing to better use existing timber.
- Promote more sustainable development of forest resources, including investing in tourism opportunities and low-carbon economies.
Was this helpful?