What's the job?
We are excited to have this brand new position of Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Event Lead. In this role, you will advance our party’s commitment to embedding equity, diversity, and inclusion into our culture, practices, policies and events to help the party become a more diverse, equitable and inclusive organization.
You are also responsible for envisioning, planning and executing large and mid-scale events that appeal to diverse audiences on topics that align with our marketing and communication strategies. Additionally, you will organize the party’s participation in existing community events and cultural celebrations.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (approximately 50% of the position)
- Examining and analyzing the BC Green Party’s existing structures, systems and practices to offer advice and guidance regarding diversity awareness and inclusion in every aspect of the party’s function.
- Leading and managing the Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Committee in coordination with the committee’s chair.
- Working with the Executive Director to develop a framework for the Party to establish relationships with stakeholders representing the diversity of our province.
- Hosting events and leading education sessions on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion for supporters, volunteers, staff and local teams.
Event planning and management (approximately 50% of the position)
- Working collaboratively with our internal teams, you will envision, plan and manage large in-person or virtual events that are welcoming, inclusive and safe to support growing diverse audiences and lead generation for fundraising.
- Developing and implementing an event strategic plan and roadmap in conjunction with internal teams to achieve organizational goals.
- Coordinating with internal stakeholders to understand event needs and serving as the project/event manager throughout the planning process.
Who are we?
The BC Green Party is working to build an inclusive, equitable and sustainable province. We value diversity in our province and our workplace. We recognize the more inclusive we are, the better our work in bringing positive change will be. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
We welcome and encourage applications from Indigenous people, Black, people of colour, women, persons with disabilities, and those who identify as LGBTQ2S+.
What do you bring to the team?
You champion a people-first approach that is based on inclusion and you integrate this approach into your interactions, relationships, projects and events. You have a value alignment with the BC Greens Party’s evidence-based approach to the overlapping crises (i.e. housing, opioid and climate) our province is currently facing.
- You have a minimum of two years’ work experience in implementing successful Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion organizational change strategies and a minimum of one year’s experience in planning and executing large and mid-scale in-person and virtual events.
- Supplementing your experience is either a Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in a related field of study, such as Indigenous Studies, Social Justice, Diversity and Inclusion, Public Policy, Political Science, Community Planning or equivalent field.
- Or you have a combination of equivalent experience you can bring to this position.
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- You can clearly present ideas and training to audiences of all sizes in-person and online.
- You have demonstrated experience developing, supporting and/or leading collaborative projects, initiatives or programs with volunteers and colleagues.
- You possess a high level of capability in critical thinking, adaptability, analysis and problem-solving skills.
You must be based in either the Greater Victoria region or Metro Vancouver and be willing to travel within your region and occasionally beyond. Currently, our team is working remotely from our home offices. We provide a laptop, a monitor, and a mouse and contribute to your internet costs. This is a 35-hour per week full-time role and includes evening and weekend hours.
What's in it for you?
The critical aspect for our team is knowing they are working to bring positive change to the people of British Columbia. You will enjoy working with a collaborative and supportive team whose values of respect, integrity, care, excellence and teamwork guide our work and relationships. We provide a flexible schedule, extended benefits, personal health days (PHD) for you and your family's health needs, and personal time off (PTO).
If this position interests you, apply today by emailing your cover letter and resume to [email protected].
We encourage any applicant who requires accommodation with respect to the application or interview process to email [email protected].