It’s been just over a year since BC’s first minority government was formed under a Confidence and Supply Agreement brought forward by the BC Green Caucus. Join Sonia Furstenau for a community event to talk about what we have accomplished in the past year and what is in store for the coming year.
In the last year, together we have:
• Demonstrated a new collaborative form of politics
• Banned big money
• Legislated lobbying reform
• Created the Emerging Economy Task Force
• Launched the Innovation Commission
• Pushed the government for better and bolder housing and affordability policies
• Launched the Basic Income study
• Led Benefit Corporation legislation passed second reading
• Worked with the government to institute a universal childcare program and emphasizes Early Childhood Education
• Formed the Wild Salmon Secretariat
• Pushed forward on reforming Professional Reliance
• Advocated for new industries and innovations in the 21st century like ride-hailing
• And much, much more
What has been important to you? What issues do you want the Caucus to focus on in the coming year. Join us on Aug. 27 to share your ideas and connect with one of your BC Green MLAs.
Protecting your health
BC Greens recognize that airborne illnesses and pollutants pose a significant health risk to everyone, especially the young, elderly, and immunocompromised, while caregivers, healthcare professionals, and support staff come into regular contact with vulnerable persons. When choosing venues, BC Greens prioritize outdoor spaces, and indoor spaces with good ventilation. In closed indoor spaces, we encourage attendees to wear well-fitting masks (N95, KN95, or KF94), especially during the respiratory-illness season.
Creating safe spaces
The BC Green Party is committed to providing an environment free of discrimination and harassment, where all individuals are treated with respect and dignity, can contribute fully and have equal speaking opportunities. To support this commitment, all event attendees will be expected to follow the standards of our Safe Spaces Participant's Guide.