Job type: Full-time
Competition closing date: This position will remain open until filled.
Start date: Immediately
Location: Victoria, BC
The BC Green Party is seeking a fund development professional who is motivated to help donors finance a new era of politics in British Columbia.
The successful candidate will be an team player who is a good listener, an amazing communicator, and a quick learner. The Donations Coordinator will be joining a dynamic and hard-working team that is dedicated to bringing positive change to British Columbia.
As a team member who inspires British Columbians to take action in support of the BC Green Party, the successful candidate will share the Party’s values and principles. During election campaigns and other major initiatives, the person may be required to work flexible hours.
The purpose of the Donations Coordinator is to coordinate the BC Green Party’s provincial fundraising programs.
These programs include:
- Arbutus Club and Legacy Giving
- Evergreen monthly donations
- Peer-to-peer fundraising
- Urgent needs (email, phone, and lettermail requests)
- Coordinate provincial donor programs and stewardship initiatives
- Lead multimedia donation drives
- Participate in the development of annual and quarterly fundraising plans
- Liaise with stakeholders as required, including prominent party members
- Recruit, supervise, train and mentor fundraising volunteers
- Impeccable personal planning and project management skills
- Commitment to excellence in customer/member/constituent service
- Genuine motivation to test theories, learn from mistakes and improve results
- Knowledge of fundraising essentials, especially for “relational fundraising”
- Proficiency with Google Apps, spreadsheets, and CMS databases
- A degree or diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Excellent people skills, attention to detail and strong work ethic
- Ability to work under pressure, managing multiple projects in time-sensitive situations
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances and prepared do what it takes to get the job done
- Ability to exercise discretion, ethics and independent judgment in representing the BC Green Party
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Experience working or volunteering for the BC Green Party
- 3 years combined experience and training in fundraising essentials and best practices
- Membership with CAGP and/or AFP and/or CFRE or APR designation
- NationBuilder Expert certification
- Familiarity with and interest in the BC political landscape and current affairs
The position is in Victoria, BC. Some travel will be required. The successful completion of a Criminal Records Check is also required. Pay is commensurate with experience and includes a benefits package after the 3 month probationary period.
To request an interview, or for more information please submit a cover letter and resume to Director of Development Cameron Butt <firstname.lastname@example.org>.