The Green Party Political Association of BC (the “BC Greens”) is seeking a Director of Strategic Initiatives (“DSI”) who shall be responsible for developing, managing and monitoring campaigns to support the BC Greens political objectives, policy vision, branding and strategic communications.
The DSI will report to the Executive Director (“ED”) of the BC Greens, manage BC Greens staff and volunteers tasked with implementing the strategic initiatives, and work in collaboration with the Party Leader, BC Green Caucus and Provincial Council.
The purpose of the DSI is to manage the structures and systems to ensure the success of BC Greens campaigns on numerous strategic initiatives.
- Party involvement in ballot initiatives.
- Party development campaigns.
- General election readiness.
- Issue specific campaigns.
Structures and systems include:
- Training and support to campaign managers, financial agents and candidates.
- Development, training and support of riding associations.
- Development of database and information technology systems.
The DSI is also responsible for working with the Party Leader, BC Green Caucus, ED and, when required, Provincial Council to advance the BC Greens strategic development including:
- Party brand and strategic positioning.
- Assessment of electoral opportunities and strategies for election readiness.
- Campaign research, including polling and focus groups.
- Communications related to the strategic initiatives.
- Stakeholder outreach and relationship building.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Planning, coordinating and implementing strategic initiatives in consultation with Party Leader, BC Green Caucus, ED, BC Greens staff and, when required, Provincial Council.
- Budget preparation and monitoring budgets in respect of the strategic initiatives.
- Recruitment and training of candidates in consultation with the Party Leader and ED.
- Collaborate with staff and volunteers on those aspects of their work which involve development, implementation, monitoring and communication of the strategic initiatives.
- Reporting to the Executive Director on activities, as required.
- Education and training of staff and volunteers in relation to the strategic initiatives.
- Support of fundraising campaigns to align with the strategic initiatives.
- Relevant post-secondary degree; or equivalent training, education and experience.
- Five years of project management, campaign and/or communications experience.
- Three years of staff management experience.
- Three years of experience delivering strategic initiatives.
- Three years of experience in stakeholder management.
- Experience using customer resource management software.
- Experience with field plans including voter identification and get out the vote.
- Experience working with volunteers and/or volunteer management.
- Understanding of project management body of knowledge.
- Ability to identify gaps and opportunities to improve policy in a collaborative environment.
- A commitment to advancing issues related to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- A commitment to the BC Greens’ six core principles, ethics and policies.
- The ability to work on and complete multiple projects simultaneously.
- Expert presentations skills with the ability to turn data into a compelling story.
- Superb written, analytical, communication, and presentation skills.
- The ability to anticipate future trends, needs and expectations.
- The ability to deliver projects on time and on budget.
- Willingness to travel and work irregular hours.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
This is a contract position ending December 31, 2018 with an option to extend or make permanent at the BC Greens discretion.
Interested applicants are asked to submit their resume and cover letter to: Laura Lavin, Executive Director, BC Greens: [email protected]by January 15, 2018. However, the position shall remain open until filled.