- A BC Greens Book Club Dedicated To Informed Public Policy
We are excited to announce the BC Greens Book Club - dedicated to a candid discussion of
literature concerning the elements shaping, politics, economics, and public policy in BC, and
their implications for the BC Green Party.
Members will be able to participate by phone or via online video 'Zoom' meetings. Links and numbers to access meetings are sent to participants via email once you have RSVP'ed.
The format varies depending on the book, report or article up for discussion.
- The chair will give a short overview of the book and introduce the guest speaker and or panel members
- The guest speaker or panel members give their opinions on the book, in particular, what the key messages in the book are and what can we, as a party, take away from it.
- Questions and comments will then be invited from the “floor”.
- Members will be responsible to acquire their own copy of the book or document, however, we strongly encourage members to support their local independent BC-based bookstore whenever possible.
- A list of bookstores can be found at https://thetyee.ca/Books/Bookstores/
If you would like to be part of the conversation:
- RSVP to our invitations (sign up for invitations below) and you will be sent login details for the event if you
are participating online.
- You can volunteer to be a panel member or a panel chair!
- You can suggest a book title for us to review.
- Acquire the book for the upcoming session
- READ IT!!
- Prepare your comments and questions
- Join the meeting
For those curious what these meetings are all about, please reach out!
Questions can be directed to (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Past book club reads:
- A Matter of Confidence: The Inside Story of the Political Battle for BC - Guest speaker author Rob Shaw
- Doughnut Economics: Seven Ways to Think Like a 21st-Century Economist
- Don't Think of an Elephant!: Know Your Values and Frame the Debate--The Essential Guide for Progressives
- Sustainable Energy – without the hot air