Springing from our core principles, policy defines who we are and how we are different from other parties. Policy is one of the most important and rewarding ways that members can contribute to the party.
Through conversations with neighbours, seeking out expert advice, and finally with ratifying the policies any individual member and riding association has come forward with, this process is to ensure policies are developed in a consistent, collaborative manner. Party policies inform the platform of the party during election time.
Policy for BC Green Party purposes is defined as the application of values and principles held collectively by BC Greens to specific subject areas. BC Green Party policy is driven by members and is central to informing our party’s platform as well as our response in the forms of initiatives, programs and positions including legislative proposals.
BC Green Party policies are developed in a collaborative fashion with support from the policy development team, led by the Policy Chair. The Policy Chair and Committee will help members research and review their ideas to ensure they are:
- Based on the latest evidence and scientific research; and
- Consistent with the party's principles, policy direction and current member-approved policy document.
Deadline for policy proposals for the 2017 AGM is July 18, 2017 at 11:59 PM.
How to put forward new policy
Every member in good standing can bring forward ideas for policy to the Policy Chair and Policy Committee. Please complete the following steps to propose new policy for the party:
- Review the BC Green Party's policy development document for a full explanation of the party's policy development philosophy, guidelines and procedures.
- Review the party's six core principles and current member-approved policy document.
- Submit your policy proposal to email@example.com by July 18, 2017 at 11:59 PM.
Please do not hesitate to contact the policy team with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.